Thursday, October 8, 2009

Getting Started in Philemon

"I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints, and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ. For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you." Philemon 4-7


Paul is thankful for some stuff in Philemon’s life:
  1. His love and faith (loyalty) for Jesus Christ and others.
  2. His sharing of his faith.
  3. People have been refreshed through him.

Some Questions to Consider:

  1. Does your faith stick out to others? What are people saying about you? Are people talking about your love and faith?
  2. Are you living your faith out … or is it just something that’s in your head … you won’t “know the full knowledge of every good thing” unless you live it out.
  3. Who do you know who encourages you in the Lord? Are your refreshing to others? (a drink in the midst of a run is refreshing)

No comments:

Post a Comment